Monday, July 7, 2008

Sherilyn's Introduction

Hi all, I'm Sherilyn (that's my name on Ravelry and most boards...original, I know). I've known Jean for many years now and am excited to join a knitalong of hers.

Left handed or right handed?
I'm right handed and hold yarn in my right hand to throw. I have a very difficult time getting good tension with my left hand.

Silk or alpaca? I like alpaca...it's just very warm...and I live in TX where silk is perhaps more practical. I do have some gorgeous silk laceweight I am anxious to use.

Circular or double pointed? I do both dpns and magic loop and it's hard to have a preference. It depends on what needles I have available at the time. magic loop is easier to toss in my purse...but I seem to get more of a rhythm with dpns. I've done two circs, but don't really enjoy it all that much and two on two sort of defeats the purpose of socks for me since two balls of yarn are less portable then one and then there is all that tangling...

Coffee or tea? I can't deal with coffee or anything coffee flavored. I suspect this has to do with the time when I was 3 or 4 and asked my older brother for a coke and he gave me a cold cup of coffee off the counter. I've tried to like coffee...with everything from sugar and cream to chocolate in it...no go. Can't stand it. I do love all kinds of tea except maybe the fruity ones served hot.

Paper clips or beaded stitch markers? Pretty stitch markers, please! I have a good collection now.

Mittens or socks? Not much use here for mittens, although I have done gloves, both fingered and fingerless. I always have at least one pair of socks otn although I am trying to cut back and knit some other items.

Pullovers or cardigans? Cardis. Again, the TX thing...just not that much use for pullovers down here. I need something I can layer.

No comments: