Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Clue 3 - Adding some pattern stitches

“Two-Color Mittens” - Work this entire clue in “Color B”

Work 16 rounds, following Chart 1 on needle 1 (back of hand) and knitting all
stitches on needles 2 and 3 (palm of hand)

At the same time: when you reach Round 5 of the chart, place a marker for the thumb.
On this round only:

Right mitten: Work row 5 of Chart 1. On needle 2, K1, Knit next 6 stitches with waste yarn, slip these 6 stitches back to left hand needle and re-knit them using mitten yarn. Knit remaining 2 stitches on needle 2. Knit all stitches on needle 3.


For left mitten, reverse the thumb placement.







Download a .pdf of Clue 3 here

1 comment:

Emmee said...

OH I am so excited about this mystery mitten pattern. I have some new wool :). Thank you. I have never done a thumb like this. I have always done gussetted thumbs - I am excited to try it.

:D :D :D My husband thinks I am rather silly to be so giddy about wool and patterns :D :D :D

blessings
Marla