Sunday, July 6, 2008

Jean's Intro

I'm right handed, and evidently I knit like no one else on earth, since my stitches always are backward when I read instructions ("through back loop, through front loop", right slanting decrease, left slanting decrease, etc...I'm a self-taught knitter and apparently I wrap the yarn backwards.  I try to remember that when I WRITE instructions!)

Alpaca, but I don't turn up my nose at silk if it comes my way

DP's for small projects.  I've tried the "two socks on two circs" and ended up with a rat's nest of needles, cables and yarn.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Coffee in the morning, tea in the evening.

I love to LOOK at the beaded stitch markers, and I've made a few, but I usually use plain old empty jump rings.

Generally socks.  I make a LOT of socks.  Then, when I make mittens, they go so quickly, I think "why don't I make mittens more often".  Then, I cast on another pair of socks.

Pullovers with as little "finishing" as possible.

Jean, AKA Jean in TX on yahoo and LoneStarNeedler on Ravelry

No comments: